GROUP FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Reports to: Finance Director (FD) / CEO
Direct reports: Accounts Manager, Bookkeeper (part time contractor)
Internal points of contact: Board of Trustees, Chairman, Treasurer, Finance Director, CEO, Heads of Department and other members of staff
External points of contact: Banks, Governance and Compliance Bodies, Auditors, suppliers and donors/sponsors
Based in: JNF London Office
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays plus Jewish festivals when they fall on your normal working days and the office is closed
MAIN PURPOSES OF THE ROLE
- To provide all financial services to the JNF CT Group (“the Group”)
- To ensure that proper and appropriate controls and procedures are in place in line with regulation and best practice
- Day-to-day of management of the Group’s Finance function, consisting of:
o JNF Charitable Trust
o KKL Charity Accounts (t/a SmartGiving)
o KKL Executor and Trustee Limited
o JNF UK Israel Limited
o 6 dormant companies.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Strategic Leadership Input
- sound advice on all legislative and regulatory requirements for the Group
- advice to the CEO & FD on the financial consequences of proposed actions
- Be the Group’s main day-to-day contact with banks, auditors, regulators, payroll provider, pension scheme and consultants.
HR and Staffing
- Manage HR operations and aspects of governance, including appropriate policies and procedures to safeguard the Group and its employees.
- Maintain employee records.
- Work with the outsourced HR Adviser as and when employee issues arise.
- Work with the outsourced HR Adviser to ensure that all employment policies and procedures are up to date and communicated to staff and that the employee handbook is kept up to date and issued to all new staff.
- Approve monthly payroll payments.
- Provide regular financial information and advice to the Board and the Senior Management Team, to enable them to make the best possible decisions in the interest of the JNF Group
- Monitor and provide information regarding the Group’s resource allocation and performance at all levels
- Ensure appropriate risk management techniques and financial controls are being implemented throughout the Group at the operational level
- Possess an awareness of the external environment and especially of sector best practice.
- Ensure the Group is aware of its accountability to its stakeholders and that all relationships are managed, monitored and considered in the development of the Group
- Work with the FD to develop systems and capability of staff across JNF for the effective use and interpretation of financial information.
Financial systems, controls and compliance
- Work with the FD to develop and advise the Board on appropriate policies including those concerning reserves policy, income and cost trends and overall exposure to financial risk
- Ensure the financial systems across the organisation are fit for purpose, to provide accurate and timely information, as required both internally and externally
- Ensure documents of best practice procedures are built up and communicated to all staff
- Produce monthly management accounts by the tenth working day of the following month
- Preparation of source data and submission to outsourced payroll agency – Payline
- Pension administration – including preparation of returns to outsourced pensions bureau for autoenrollment pension and payment to standard Life Assurance for 3 employees.
- Ensure provision of statutory accounts with a clean audit report annually and lead the relationship with JNF’s auditors
- Ensure strong systems and processes are in place across JNF such that other external stakeholders receive quality reporting where appropriate e.g. donors
- Provide and/or co-ordinate all accounting and taxation services and advice to the Group
- Ensure that JNF meets its regulatory requirements as set required by Companies House, the Charity Commission, Information Commissioners Office, Fundraising Regulator and HMRC.
- Have oversight and approval of purchasing and payments
- To work with the FD to develop and maintain appropriate Group foreign exchange and investment policies for JNF
- Ensure quality Group cash flow forecasting.
Financial accounting and management services
- Manage all accounting services provided by JNF e.g. accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, cash and bank
- To provide reporting services to managers and Trustees e.g. management accounts, trend and variance analysis
- Provide assistance, as and when required, to the SG, (KKL Charity Accounts), Director in terms of day to day procedures and operations.
- Prepare and provide financial reports to the SG, (KKL Charity Accounts), Director on a monthly basis.
- Lead lease/Landlord & Tenant negotiations for the London office as and when required including liaison with other tenants.
- Ensure that the Group is complaint with the requirements of GDPR and oversee the Data Controller
- Undertake ad hoc projects as requested by the CEO.
- Be responsible for negotiating insurance renewals.
- Oversee the PA/Office Manager in dealing with insurance claims, negotiating office supplies and equipment contracts, such as printers, photocopiers, stationery, water fountain etc., utilities contracts for electric, gas, water and rates etc. Manage all accounting services provided by JNF e.g. accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, cash and bank.
- This Job Description only indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the post and is not intended as an exhaustive list.
- JNF reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time according to business needs.
- Any changes will be confirmed in writing.
- Fully qualified accountant, (ACA, ACMA, ACCA).
- Good working knowledge of reporting requirements and regulations for Charity and Company accounts.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, able to manage multiple tasks with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Previous experience working within a charity is desirable.
Deadline for applications: 31 Jan 2021
To apply for this position, please email [email protected]